I am not brand loyal unless you’re REI, Patagonia, or some other brand that double slays in their devotion to good marketing and a cause bigger than them.
Everyone else…convince me. I can be swayed. Here’s some stuff I enjoyed in June:
- Bruno – When T put this show on I was like k…wut? but it’s actually f’n brilliant and I was riveted. I can’t wait until next season – and there must be a next season.
- Parm Crips – They sell them at Publix and they are so delicious and basically just baked cheese crackers but also have 100 calories and 12 grams of protein per three. I travel with them, keep a pack in my car for I’m-so-hangry-let’s-get-taco-bell moments, and always try to have some in the house. Because my appetite can be a little finicky, I love having them to satiate me when I don’t feel like eating anything else.
- Smith’s Minted Rose Lip Balm – I’m on my third tub of this lip balm. Can that be enough for now?
- Quinn XCII – though I’m never not into Quinn, I’ve been ultra-obsessed lately. I fell asleep to it last night, which was relaxing and wonderful.
- Not meditating – Well, it’s true. I have put zero pressure on myself to meditate and I don’t feel guilty about it at all. That’s my meditation, lack of guilt.
- Forever – Such a weird and cute show.
- Staying in this lovely San Francisco apartment – One of the many perks of my job is that my boss knows literally everyone. Whenever I come to San Francisco for work, I end up staying in one of her friend’s apartments. Always the cutest places, though the one I’m in now is absolutely adorable and way less bachelor-y than the last (no complaints, just facts). I’ve enjoyed sitting at the table and feeling the breeze blow in from the Bay. I could totally imagine myself living here (though I am very much looking forward to being a homeowner again!).
- Exploring Chinatown. Such fascination, much wow.
- The simple joy of making myself a bowl of mushroom ravioli with a side salad. To cook for oneself is such lovely self-care.
- Being emotional as hell. It was Gemini season and it hit me hard. So do a new love interest. So did the fact that I’m thirty – already? finally?